From incorporation, through tax matters, to relations with shareholders, there are many legal implications that derive from the management and development of a company.
At Ppa lawyers we translate our value proposition into a constant accompaniment to entrepreneurs in which we provide a comprehensive service in relation to the needs and legal obligations of the company.
These are some of the matters in which we support our clients:
- Constitution of: companies, branches of foreign companies and non-profit entities.
- Custody and management of corporate books.
- Preparation and accompaniment in meetings, ordinary and/or extraordinary, of the board of directors, board of partners and shareholders’ meeting.
- Appointments of administrators (BoD members and legal representatives) and statutory auditors.
- Execution of statutory reforms.
- Increase and decrease in capital, with and without reimbursement of contributions.
- Analysis and recording of control situations and/or business groups.
- Business reorganization processes.
- Procedures before the Superintendency of Companies in relation to corporate procedures that must be previously authorized by this entity.
- Registration of foreign investment in matters related to corporate issues (capitalizations, dividend transfers, among others).
- Implementation from the legal perspective of (i) System of self-control and management of the risk of money laundering and financing of terrorism (SARLAFT) and (ii) Business Ethics Programs.
- Liquidation of companies.
M&A (Mergers and acquisitions).
- Advice on the acquisition of holdings, assets and specific lines of business.
- Privatization of companies.
- Reorganization, merger and spin-off of companies.
- Preparation of pre-contractual agreements, shareholders and investment framework.
- Assistance and accompaniment in competitive acquisition processes.
- Due diligence for buying and selling companies.
- Business collaborations joint ventures and collaboration agreements.
- Structuring and execution of foreign exchange transactions.
- Review of due diligence and compliance with foreign exchange obligations, in order to identify possible contingencies to which a company may be exposed, as well as opportunities for improvement in the processes developed.
- Management of compensation accounts and presentation of reports to the authorities, with due compliance with the applicable exchange regulations.
- Representation and accompaniment in exchange processes before the administrative and jurisdictional authorities.
- Registrations, modifications, cancellations and updates of foreign investment before the Bank of the Republica. Response to the information requirements of this entity.
- Review of corporate books to determine the shareholding composition of Colombian companies receiving investment to verify compliance with the foreign investment registered with the Banco de la República and possible corrections.
- Analysis to avoid double taxation and to identify and evaluate the tax impact on cross-border transactions to be carried out.
Advice on the distribution of profit dividends to shareholders in Colombia and abroad.
- Accompaniment before the tax authorities and the jurisdiction of administrative litigation in Colombia.
- Legal assistance in tax audits carried out by the tax administration.
- Analysis of accounting documents to prevent fiscal risks.
Entrepreneurship and digital business.
- Development contracts.
- Advertising investment contracts.
- Contracts with influencers.
- Shareholder agreements.
- Investment agreements for investors and funds (convertible notes, SAFE, KISS).
- Stock Options Agreements.
- Elaboration of legal concepts on disruptive businesses. (regulatory analysis of business models).
- Structuring, development and support in investment rounds