From incorporation, through tax matters, to relations with shareholders, many legal implications derive from a company’s management and development.
At Ppa lawyers we translate our value proposition into a constant accompaniment to entrepreneurs in which we provide a comprehensive service concerning the needs and legal obligations of the company.
These are some of the matters in which we support our clients:
- Constitution of: companies, branches of foreign companies and non-profit entities.
- Custody and management of corporate books.
- Preparation and accompaniment in meetings, ordinary and/or extraordinary, of the board of directors, board of partners and shareholders’ meeting.
- Appointments of administrators (BoD members and legal representatives) and statutory auditors.
- Execution of statutory reforms.
- Increase and decrease in capital, with and without reimbursement of contributions.
- Analysis and recording of control situations and/or business groups.
- Business reorganization processes.
- Procedures before the Superintendency of Companies in relation to corporate procedures that must be previously authorized by this entity.
- Registration of foreign investment in matters related to corporate issues (capitalizations, dividend transfers, among others).
- Implementation from the legal perspective of (i) System of self-control and management of the risk of money laundering and financing of terrorism (SARLAFT) and (ii) Business Ethics Programs.
- Liquidation of companies.
M&A (Mergers and acquisitions).
- Advice on the acquisition of holdings, assets and specific lines of business.
- Privatization of companies.
- Reorganization, merger and spin-off of companies.
- Preparation of pre-contractual agreements, shareholders and investment framework.
- Assistance and accompaniment in competitive acquisition processes.
- Due diligence for buying and selling companies.
- Business collaborations joint ventures and collaboration agreements.
- Structuring and execution of foreign exchange transactions.
- Review of due diligence and compliance with foreign exchange obligations, in order to identify possible contingencies to which a company may be exposed, as well as opportunities for improvement in the processes developed.
- Management of compensation accounts and presentation of reports to the authorities, with due compliance with the applicable exchange regulations.
- Representation and accompaniment in exchange processes before the administrative and jurisdictional authorities.
- Registrations, modifications, cancellations and updates of foreign investment before the Bank of the Republica. Response to the information requirements of this entity.
- Review of corporate books to determine Colombian companies receiving investment shareholding composition to verify compliance with the foreign investment registered with the Banco de la República and possible corrections.
- Analysis to avoid double taxation and to identify and evaluate the tax impact on cross-border transactions to be carried out.
Advice on the distribution of profit dividends to shareholders in Colombia and abroad.
- Accompaniment before the tax authorities and the jurisdiction of administrative litigation in Colombia.
- Legal assistance in tax audits carried out by the tax administration.
- Analysis of accounting documents to prevent fiscal risks.
Entrepreneurship and digital business.
- Development contracts.
- Advertising investment contracts.
- Contracts with influencers.
- Shareholder agreements.
- Investment agreements for investors and funds (convertible notes & SAFE).
- Stock Options Agreements.
- Elaboration of legal concepts on disruptive businesses. (regulatory analysis of business models).
- Structuring, development and support in investment rounds